- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
- Equity: 1% options
- Location: Soho, London
Popsa is an e-Commerce startup that uses data to automatically create personalised prints such as photobooks, calendars, posters, canvases, and postcards.
Our mobile app is live in 10 languages and we ship to 38 countries around the world. We're launching in new territories at a steady pace.
Our vision is to generate beautiful keep-sake mementos and personal photo-diaries entirely in the background - selecting the best user-generated content via machine learning algorithms before programmatically designing an appropriate layout.
We print from the best facilities in Europe and deliver direct to your door within days.
Our aim is to build a subscription service to your memories; your best photos carefully curated and lovingly presented, printed and shipped to you each month - all without lifting a finger.
Popsa is looking to hire an experienced designer to join the team.
About this role
As lead designer, you will have the responsibility of keeping a unified design across the entire brand, from app to adverts, through to our physical products.
The role is very hands on in that you’ll be expected to be able to understand and perform various design roles that an early stage startup requires.
We have an exciting opportunity to create a highly emotional consumer brand. Strong graphic design capabilities are essential. An eye for photography is also a bonus.
You will also be expected to be able to think strategically. Both in terms of managing time and resource, but also - importantly - in helping to develop business strategy when it comes to user journeys and customer experience.
- Conceptualising and designing highly intuitive mobile and web products from initial idea through to public release.
- Developing the Popsa brand.
- Wire-framing, prototyping, developing UX strategy.
- Interacting and communicating effectively with engineers and developers to effectively relay the intentions of your design.
- Writing detailed specifications and other documentation.
- Communicating and presenting your and the team’s work appropriately all project stakeholders.
- Looking at user feedback and analytic data and using it to inform future design decisions and direction.
We’re looking for someone who understands and shares the company’s philosophy and work ethic. We’d like you to become part of our core team; be a team player, and also someone who can be relied on when under pressure.
In return, we expect this to be a very rewarding role with hundreds of thousands of people interacting with your design from all over the world. You'll also get to own part of the company.
- A passion or deep interest for what Popsa is trying to achieve.
- Past experience working on mobile applications.
- Excellent graphic designs skills.
- Excellent UX skills.
- Experience in conceptualising both products as a whole and individual features and bringing them from idea to completion.
- Experience of both working within a team and individually to achieve goals.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Proficient use of Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud products such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience of working to commercial goals.
- Experience of dealing directly with external clients.
- Good knowledge of what’s going on in the industry.
- Familiarity with the differences between platforms such as iOS and Android.
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge app store guidelines and submission processes.
- Experience in web design.
- Experience of working with engineers.
- Experience in basic coding; e.g. html, css, php etc.
- Experience using Apple Macs, and programmes such as Pages.
- Experience using Google Docs.
- Experience in testing products, or the QA process.
- Good skills in copywriting.
You'll receive a competitive salary, but most importantly, you will also get to own part of the business.
Popsa has an share options scheme that is open to all employees.
We'll tell you all about it as part of the interview process.
How to Apply
Right person for the job? Want to be part of a dynamic, young team? I want to hear from you personally! Email me at email@example.com with your CV and examples of relevant experience.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on level of skill and experience; feel free to be honest and state your desired renumeration level.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Liam Houghton, CEO, Popsa