We’re looking for an experienced Digital Designer – who appreciates beautiful design as much as experimentation – to help us better serve our fast-growing base of customers from all over the world.
Your role will be to deliver intuitive, functional and beautifully-crafted solutions across our digital marketing channels, including automated and broadcast email, social content, paid social advertising and much more.
From helping them understand and use the product when they first sign up to benefitting from our full range of features as their needs change, you will be a mentor to millions of users as they relive their favourite memories.
- Competitive salary + share options
- Technology company with a physical output
- Post-lockdown: A stunning office location in Soho, London
What we’re looking for
We require a motivated and passionate designer with a genuine love for design craft and visual communication to join our in-house creative team.
When considering candidates for this role, we like to see a combination of:
- Exceptional layout and typographic skills
- A UX mindset. Understanding the hierarchy of messaging within design.
- An excellent communicator; both with your teammates and other teams
- A collaborative spirit, and a positive, eager, can-do attitude
Common day-to-day tasks include designing exceptional email layouts, social media content, and digital advertising, as well as broader graphics and comms for a range of different marketing channels.
But most importantly, you’ll want to grow with us. We’re in a hugely exciting rapid-growth period at Popsa, As part of our creative team you will help shape and define the visual direction of our brand, with an exciting rebrand on the horizon.
More than ever before, people are capturing stories through their photographs, but important content often sits on devices or in the cloud, never to be revisited. We’re here to change that. Founded in 2016, Popsa is a tech company dedicated to helping people rediscover the meaningful experiences and relationships that are hidden away in their photo libraries.
Popsa was originally started with the idea of having a photobook simply pop into existence every time you do something significant in your life. We’ve already built an award-winning experience that allows users to do just that in a matter of minutes – but there’s so much more to come.
We want to be an antidote to the disposable culture of social media, so we’re building a platform to help people to curate and enjoy their most meaningful experiences in a variety of forms – not just in print.
Our native iOS and Android apps are available in 12 languages and we ship to more than 50 countries.
We were recently named as the UK’s fastest growing startup of 2020 by Deloitte, and are backed by some of the best investors in the world.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop with experience using Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro and Sketch or Figma a bonus
- Experience working on email design and knowledge on how to adapt them for responsive layouts
- Self-driven, proactive and willing to challenge themselves
- A portfolio showcasing strong typography and layout skills
- Good communication skills, is able to articulate and sell in ideas internally
- Brilliant creative thinker with the ability to push beyond the expected
- Ability to interpret brand strategy and convert it into effective communication
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, as well as an additional 5 working days paid-leave in between Christmas and New Year
- Equity options
- Training budget for conferences and courses
- Diverse, collaborative and supportive environment
- Regular team nights out (back when that was a thing... 😭)
- Fresh fruit, good coffee and - during covid - the occasional tasty treat from us sent direct to your door
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We know that to develop groundbreaking, innovative products we need teams that bring together diverse points of view to solve the hard problems. To do that, we are looking for people that will enhance our diversity in life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences. We’d love to know more about how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to Popsa.
In non-pandemic times, our office is fully lift accessible.
We’re extremely close to Oxford Circus, Piccadilly Circus and Tottenham Court Road tube stations so commuting is easy, and - most importantly - there will be lots of great places for lunch when everything re-opens.
Email your CV, portfolio or a real-world example of your work (websites or PDFs are great) to email@example.com
We’ll do our best to reply to you individually and give you any feedback you might want.