Popsa is looking for an email and mobile engagement expert to join us at our Soho HQ in London.
- Salary: Negotiable based on expertise
- Equity: Share Options are available for all employees
- Location: Soho, London
Popsa is an B2C tech startup that uses data science to automatically design and ship personalised prints such as photobooks, calendars, and boxes of prints.
In March 2018 we announced our second fund raise from some of the best investors in the world, including Silicon Valley accelerator 500 Startups, famous brand experts The Garage Soho, Pembroke (investor into Five Guys and Heist), and Octopus (by far the largest investor in Europe).
Our goal is to generate beautiful keep-sake mementos and personal photo-diaries entirely in the background - selecting the best user-generated content via machine learning algorithms before programmatically designing appropriate layouts.
We're calling it a subscription service to your memories; your best photos carefully curated and lovingly presented, printed and shipped to you each month - all without lifting a finger.
Our iOS app is live in 10 languages and we ship to 38 countries around the world. A major new version (as well as our Android app) will be launched later this Summer.
We are generating increasingly larger revenues, growing by 60% month-on-month in the last year. France is our biggest market, followed by the UK and Italy.
Interest in printing fluctuates according to events that are celebrated across the nation as well as those very personal moments that might only mean something to you. As our CRM Manager, this gives you a fantastic opportunity to help inspire and delight customers not just across the calendar year, but throughout their life.
We are looking for an expert to join the marketing team that can lead and develop our CRM strategy across email, push notifications, SMS and social.
You will design lifecycle and promotional campaigns that help customers realise the value of Popsa sooner, alleviate concerns over making their first purchase, and encourage them towards becoming loyal repeat customers.
As a foundation, this means being a fantastic email marketer. You will have a solid knowledge of HTML and CSS, so are comfortable developing performance-focussed email templates that drive action, but also adhere to best practices on deliverability.
You will need a passion for analysis too so that the campaigns you create across the customer lifecycle are informed by data.
Data is at the heart of our business, and an aptitude for this will be an expectation of the role. But, we are also keen to promote a more personal touch to our marketing, so our CRM strategy will need to incorporate a new brand tone and personality. You will work with our marketing, design and content teams to ensure that our this is realised in all our communications.
A|B testing of subject lines or entire customer journeys will be second nature to you, and you will relish the opportunity to demonstrate how your experiments have performed at our weekly growth meetings.
Your insight will help fuel product ideas and ensure we keep our marketing relentlessly customer focused.
We are also big fans of push, and we use this for all of our promotions. We want to see how you can use rich notifications and the latest developments across iOS and Android to engage customers with dynamic, personalised content relevant to the products Popsa creates.
This is an exciting chance to create world-leading mobile marketing strategies across multiple markets in Europe and beyond.
Your daily duties could include:
- Creating, planning and deploying campaigns together with the marketing and content teams that help to create desire amongst our customers to record more of their memories with Popsa.
- Designing email templates to best practice guidelines for renderability and deliverability.
- A|B testing of campaigns using behavioural and customer data to see how that impacts conversion.
- Experimenting with push notification or email subject line copywriting to see what increases CTR and downstream event metrics.
- Propose strategies for increasing loyalty, using rewards, discounts or moments of delight for our customers.
- Monitoring CRM engagement to keep email lists clean.
- Working with our design and engineering teams to co-ordinate activity with in-app notifications and deeplinks to support campaigns.
- Working with our design team to bring our future brand identity to life in our customer communications.
- Reporting on performance at growth meetings as well as identifying high-impact, low-effort areas for improvement in retention.
- Creating audience segments and retention campaigns on Facebook to support lifecycle and promotions.
Marketing at Popsa
Design at Popsa
We're looking for candidates who ooze enthusiasm, attention to detail and who take the initiative to get results.
- Proven experience at running successful campaigns at a B2C startups in the following areas: onboarding customers, customer win-back, increasing repeat order rate and driving higher customer lifetime value.
- Technical proficiency with HTML and CSS.
- Used push notifications as part of overall engagement strategy.
- Ability to write copy that can entertain, as well as sell.
- Problem solving around email deliverability.
- Experience with Litmus or other tools to support your efforts.
- Familiarity with email providers or specialist mobile engagement tools such as Braze, Leanplum or Mixpanel.
- Used mobile analytics tools such as Mixpanel to derive learnings from campaigns.
- Comfortable using Google Sheets or Google Data Studio for data analysis and visualisation.
- You are a self-starter and do not need to wait for instructions.
- You have experience in managing multi-geo and multi-language campaigns.
- You are fluent in a European language other than English.
- You have knowledge of what success looks like in SMS and in-app notifications.
- Photoshop, Sketch or other editing software.
- You have SQL or Python experience. If not, you are keen to learn.
- We're a close and hard-working team; happy to share workloads and work late at crunch time, you'll need to be a team-player.
- From design, to app development to customer support, we're working really hard to offer the best customer experience in the industry. Popsa is a very practical, hands-on company and growth is everyone's responsibility. If that sounds good to you, you're probably a good fit! :-)
You'll receive a competitive salary, but most importantly, every employee who passes their probation and has shown they're willing to get stuck in will be invited to take part in our generous Share Options scheme. It’s hugely important to us that everyone is invested in the company’s success.
We'll tell you more about it as part of the interview process.
We have increasing traction with customers and are now looking to scale the business, so this role is for someone excited about the challenge of creating innovative content that will set Popsa up for years of fast-paced growth.
This team is ego-less, caring, hungry to learn, collegiate and eager to experiment. These philosophies should be shared by anyone applying for this role. If you're up for the challenge, I'd love to hear from you.
Our Growth Mindset
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com with your CV and examples of relevant experience.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on level of skill and experience; feel free to be honest and state a reasonable renumeration level.
Adam Holborn, Head of Marketing, Popsa